MemorAll Review Summarized
MemorAll™ by Xymogen offers a blend of nootropics aimed at boosting your cognition. The problem is, MemorAll’s formula contains under-dosed ingredients like Bacopa Monnieri (100mg) and Phosphatidylserine (30mg) per daily serving. While Ginkgo Biloba and Acetyl-L-Carnitine are present, other core nootropics that the best brain supplements use are nowhere to be seen. Priced at $54 for 60 capsules, its value is debatable given the dosages. It’s might give you some results, especially if you’re new to nootropics, but seasoned users might look for more potent natural options.
- Contains well-studied nootropics like Ginkgo Biloba and Acetyl-L-Carnitine.
- Features memory enhancers like Huperzine A.
- Suitable for beginners in nootropics.
- Available on multiple websites.
- Several key ingredients are under-dosed.
- Missing core nootropics like Lion’s Mane Mushroom and CDP-Choline.
- Limited online reviews, making it hard to gauge user experiences.
- Price might not reflect the value given the ingredient dosages.
MemorAll™, produced by Xymogen, is a nootropic supplement designed to support cognitive function and enhance memory. With a combination of select B vitamins, herbs, and other brain-specific nutrients, MemorAll™ aims to address various pathways involved in neurological health. This includes supporting oxidant and cytokine balance, methylation, mitochondrial function, and endocrine balance. The supplement is presented in a 60-capsule bottle, with the recommendation of consuming 2 capsules daily, preferably with food.
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5′-phosphate)
- Dosage: 5 mg
- Role: Vitamin B6 plays a crucial role in neurotransmitter synthesis, which is vital for brain communication. It’s also involved in the production of serotonin and norepinephrine, which regulate mood.
- Dosage: 170 mcg
- Role: Folate, or Vitamin B9, is essential for brain function and plays a key role in mental and emotional health. It aids in the production of DNA and RNA and works closely with Vitamin B12 to form red blood cells.
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)
- Dosage: 100 mcg
- Role: Vitamin B12 is essential for nerve function, the formation of red blood cells, and DNA synthesis. A deficiency can lead to memory problems and fatigue.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (as acetyl-L-carnitine HCI)
- Dosage: 250 mg
- Role: Acetyl-L-Carnitine is an amino acid that helps produce energy. It’s beneficial for brain function, reducing mental fatigue, and improving mental clarity. However, optimal dosages are between 630-2300mg per day.
- Dosage: 100 mg
- Role: This amino acid acts as an antioxidant and can be beneficial in reducing oxidative stress in the brain. Some people might experience side effects from it.
Ginkgo Extract (Ginkgo biloba)(leaf)
- Dosage: 60 mg
- Role: Ginkgo biloba is known for improving blood flow to the brain and acts as an antioxidant. It can help with memory and cognitive speed. However, doses of 120-240mg are more effective.
Bacopa Extract (Bacopa monnieri)(whole plant)
- Dosage: 50 mg
- Role: Bacopa monnieri is an adaptogen herb known for improving memory and reducing stress. It’s most studied at dosages around 300mg per day, making the dose in MemorAll a bit low.
- Dosage: 15 mg
- Role: This fatty substance covers and protects the cells in your brain and carries messages between them. It’s linked to memory, mood, and stress. Effective dosages are between 100-300mg per day.
- Dosage: 1 mg
- Role: Resveratrol has antioxidant properties that can protect the brain. It’s believed to interfere with protein fragments called beta-amyloids, which are crucial to forming the plaques that are a hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease. Effective dosages are between 5mg-10mg per day.
- Dosage: 100 mcg
- Role: Derived from the Chinese club moss plant, Huperzine A is known for its neuroprotective properties. It can help increase levels of neurotransmitters in the brain. However, it’s essential to cycle Huperzine A to avoid potential side effects.
Each ingredient in MemorAll™ has its unique benefits, but the effectiveness of the formula is a bit diminished by low doses of its key ingredients.
Thoughts on the Formula (Anything Missing?)
MemorAll™ brings together a blend of vitamins, amino acids, and herbal extracts that are known for their cognitive benefits. However, when we dive deeper into the formula, a few things stand out:
- Under-dosed Ingredients: Several ingredients, such as Bacopa monnieri, Phosphatidylserine, and Ginkgo biloba, are under-dosed compared to the amounts that have been studied for cognitive benefits. For instance, while Bacopa is present at 50 mg, studies often use doses around 300 mg per day. Even if you use 2 capsules per day, it’s still just 100mg of Bacopa.
- Missing Core Nootropics: Notably absent from the formula are some core nootropics that have gained popularity for their cognitive benefits. Lion’s Mane Mushroom, for instance, is known for its neuroprotective properties and ability to stimulate nerve growth factor. Similarly, CDP-Choline is a well-researched nootropic that supports memory and learning.
- Potential Side Effects: While N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and Huperzine A have their benefits, they can also lead to side effects in some individuals.
In summary, while MemorAll™ does have a decent formula, it seems to miss the mark in terms of optimal dosages and the inclusion of some potent nootropics that could elevate its efficacy.
MemorAll™ claims to support cognitive function and a healthy memory. Let’s fact-check these claims based on the ingredients:
- Supporting Cognitive Function: With ingredients like Ginkgo Biloba, known for improving blood flow to the brain, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine, which helps produce energy, the claim holds. However, the effectiveness might be compromised due to the suboptimal dosages.
- Healthy Memory: Bacopa monnieri and Phosphatidylserine are both linked to improved memory. However, as previously mentioned, the dosages in MemorAll™ are lower than what’s typically recommended.
- Antioxidant Activity: The inclusion of N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and trans-Resveratrol does provide antioxidant benefits, which can help combat oxidative stress in the brain.
- Neurological Health: The formula addresses multiple pathways, such as oxidant balance and mitochondrial function. The presence of B vitamins, especially B12, supports this claim as they are vital for nerve function.
While the claims made by MemorAll™ are grounded in the benefits of its ingredients, the effectiveness is questionable due to low ingredient doses.
How to Use
Taking MemorAll™ is relatively straightforward. Here’s a guide on how to incorporate it into your daily routine:
- Dosage: The recommended dosage is one capsule twice daily.
- With Food: It’s advisable to take MemorAll™ with food. This can help with the absorption of some of its ingredients and reduce the risk of stomach upset.
- Consistency: As with most nootropics, consistency is key. To reap the full benefits, it’s best to take the supplement at the same time every day.
Given the limited number of reviews available online for MemorAll™, it’s a bit challenging to gauge the general consensus.
It’s worth noting that individual experiences can vary widely due to factors like body chemistry, lifestyle, and the presence of other medications or supplements.
Recommendation for Different Groups
When considering MemorAll™, it’s essential to understand that nootropics can affect individuals differently based on various factors. Here’s a breakdown:
- Students: While MemorAll™ might offer some cognitive benefits, students might benefit more from a formula with higher dosages of key ingredients like Bacopa Monnieri.
- Working Professionals: For those in demanding jobs requiring focus and mental clarity, MemorAll™ could provide a slight edge. However, the under-dosed ingredients might not offer the robust support some might be seeking.
- Seniors: The inclusion of Ginkgo Biloba and Phosphatidylserine can support cognitive health in older adults.
MemorAll™ is priced at around $54 for a bottle containing 60 capsules. Given that the recommended dosage is two capsules per day, a bottle will last you a month. When you factor in the under-dosed ingredients, it might not offer the best value for money. It’s available on multiple websites, so it’s worth shopping around for the best deal.
The Bottom Line
MemorAll™ by Xymogen presents a decent formula that touches on several key areas of cognitive health. However, the under-dosing of some ingredients and the absence of other core nootropics mean it falls short of being a top-tier brain supplement.
While it might offer some benefits, especially if you’re new to nootropics, seasoned users might find it lacking. For the price point, there are other products on the market that offer a more comprehensive and potent formula.